Educational Enhancement Mini Grants
The Fruitport Education Foundation is a volunteer organization dedicated to providing educational excellence for all students. Members of the board of directors are responsible for determining guidelines for grant funding, grant recipient selection, and for the dispensing of funds. Mini grant funding supports educational programs and activities that might not otherwise be funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget.
- All teachers, staff, students and community members are eligible to apply for mini grant funding that enhance instructional programs.
- The foundation board will award grants once during the school year, with a target date of mid-November.
- Only one application is permitted per person (or group) each year.
- Grants will be awarded that compliment the district's already rigorous curriculum. New projects or program enhancements that inspire creativity, learning, and improved academic performance will be given priority and may include program enhancement within the curriculum framework, special school-related events, learning opportunities for students, parent involvement programs, etc.
- Grant funds cannot be used for capital supplies that are not related to a project or program. Example: a new bulletin board for a classroom. In addition, no funding will be provided for consumables (food/beverages, party supplies, paper goods, etc.), field trips, transportation charges, or non-school sponsored events.
- All mini grant funding received must be spent in that same fiscal year.
- An end-of-year assessment/evaluation will be required for each mini grant funded.
- Items purchased with mini grant funding becomes the property of the Fruitport Community School District.